Some Baseball Mogul users are encountering problems trying to install the game on a computer with McAfee anti-virus software running. After fighting with them for over a year, it's clear that McAfee has a bug that they are unwilling to fix. If you need proof that Baseball Mogul is safe, you can right click on BB-2020.exe and choose 'Scan' (with the red McAfee icon) and McAfee will tell you the program has no viruses.
However, whenever you run BB-2020.exe, McAfee deletes it. :(
To replace the one file that McAfee keeps deleting, you can get it here (to avoid reinstalling the entire game):
Copy this file to c:/Sports Mogul/Baseball Mogul 2020/ (or where you installed the game).
Then you'll have to exclude BB-2020.exe from McAfee's Real-Time Scanning:
1. Run the McAfee program.
2. Click Settings (the circular gear cog) at the top right.
3. Click Real-Time Scanning.
4. Click Excluded Files.
5. Click Add File.
6. Navigate to the location of BB-2020.exe (e.g. C:\Sports Mogul\Baseball Mogul 2020)
7. Click 'BB-2020.exe' and click the 'Open' button.
8. Close McAfee and run Baseball Mogul 2020.
I hope this finally resolves your problem. If not, you probably have a few choices:
1) Go back into McAfee Real-Time Scanning and turn off the entire feature.
2) Contact McAfee product support for help.
3) Uninstall McAfee.
As I said above, and I cannot stress this strongly enough as a small business owner who has been developing virus-free software for more than 20 years, this is McAfee's problem, not ours -- and I've talked with other developers that are frustrated by the same bug. We could use your help stressing to them that this bug is causing serious headache for their users (some of whom have already told me that they simply uninstalled McAfee once they realized that it was constantly deleting a program that McAfee itself verified was virus-free).