As you can see, the first-pitch swing rate in Version 22.07 was way too high (52%). Version 22.08 is much more realistic, with swing rates within a few percentage points in every count.
Similarly, pitch selection by count is now much more realistic:
Thanks to everyone that gave feedback about the pitch-by-pitch AI and brought some of these discrepancies to my attention.
FYI, these are the internal scouting ratings used for the 300+ top prospects added to the player database for Baseball Mogul 2019:
Version 22.00 of Baseball Mogul 2019 (released on March 21st) includes about 60% of the "Top-10" prospects for each team. The other 40% were omitted were several reasons. One is that I was using "Top-100" prospect lists, which is only about 3 players per organization. Another is that I can't yet include players without any playing time in either the major or minor leagues (e.g. Victor Victor Mesa and Marco Luciano).
Thanks to some help from Mogul fan Damian Henning, Version 22.02 should include about 15 more "Top-10" prospects, leaving less than 3% of this group missing from the database.
Baseball Mogul 2019 makes it possible to download player photos and team logos from the internet. Depending on your connection speed, this should take about 5-10 minutes.
After starting a new game, choose "Advanced Tools" from the Tools Menu and then click the following buttons. (The order doesn't matter).
Support for 3rd-Party Photos
Downloaded player photos are saved to the 'Downloads' folder inside Baseball Mogul's 'Photos' folder. The 'Photos' folder also contains folders labelled 'Action' (for news stories) and 'Portraits' (for Scouting Reports).
Starting with Version 22.02, Baseball Mogul will display photos in the 'Portraits' folders before checking the 'Downloads' folder. Therefore, if you place higher-resolution photos in the 'Portraits' folder, these will over-ride any photos in the 'Downloads' folder.